What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Our adrenal glands sit on top of our kidneys and have the important job of producing and excreting adrenaline (and other hormones).
Adrenaline is important to get up, moving and motivated in the world. Its detrimental when its increased output leads to our adrenal glands becoming fatigued.
Consider our adrenal glands like us – after a massive day of pushing ourselves to the limit, come the evening, we simply have ‘nothing left in the tank’.
This under functioning of the adrenal glands, leads to a cascade effect of hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalance. This leaves us feeling pretty lousy and leads to chronic disease.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- High levels of fatigue each day
- Inability to handle stress
- Cravings for salty foods
- Higher energy levels in the evenings
- Overuse of stimulants like caffeine
- A weak immune system (colds and flus follow you around)
- Weight gain (especially around your middle) that just doesn’t budge
- PMS – both emotional and physical
- Poor memory, concentration and ‘brain fog’
- Low libido
- The feeling of not being able to cope with any stress/deadlines/pressure
- Relying on coffee and other stimulants to ‘get going’ in the morning
How to Treat Adrenal Fatigue?
I will work closely with you, establish your current position (level of vitality) and together we will formulate a plan that won’t overwhelm you but will get you results.
We will use a combination of herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, dietary changes and lifestyle changes to get you feeling better.
How long it takes to replenish and get the adrenal glands working optimally will depend on the severity of your adrenal fatigue.